The DNA of the
Church WithOutWalls (CWOW)
CWOW exists to:
“Make Mature Disciples who take the message
and ministry of Jesus to people”
Eight Statements which describe the DNA of CWOW:
1. We believe there should be no barriers to ministry inside the Church.
2. The Church is not a brick building on a street address, but rather the sum
of individual believers who choose to minister in a particular body.
3. We believe the ministry of Jesus occurs “where the people are.” This
means that the Church should pursue ministry outside the walls of its
4. The primary goal of CWOW ministry is to see KINGDOM growth rather
than just numerical growth. This evolves helping other Churches develop
their ministry to unreached people groups.
5.We practice what we call the ministry of “show up.” If we are committed
to willingly show up to the place of ministry we can expect God to make life
6. The best thing we do is to leave the place of worship, and go be
the Church out in the world.
7. We desire to be a “Church of the gaps,” seeking to fill new places of
ministry with un-reached people groups.
8. Our intent is to engage those who don’t have a relationship with Christ
with compassion and understanding, since it is God’s intent for them to be
in the Church.
We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired and inerrant Word of God and the basis for our beliefs. This church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000. We voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to a lost mankind. The ordinances of the church are believer's baptism and the Lord's supper.
Link to Baptist Faith and Message: http://www.sbc.net/bfm/default.asp
link to CWOW's By-Laws in PDF format: CWOW's BY-LAWS